Search Unity

How should i make my level?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JBGamemaker, Nov 7, 2020.

1. JBGamemaker

JBGamemaker

I'm trying to make A FNaF fan game in unity but I don't know if I should model the office AND the entirety of the map in blender or if I should just make it in the unity engine itself? and im wanting to have it done in the ways that major indie devs do it so what is the method they use? will do they do it in the modeling program or in the game engine itself?

2. Vryken

Vryken

Use whichever method you prefer.

Unity's ProBuilder package is good for quick & easy terrain setup, while a 3D modeling software like Blender is more complex, but can provide more detailed models.

It may be best to start with ProBuilder just to prototype the general layout you want to make, and then later re-design a more refined version of it in a 3D modeling software.

BrandyStarbrite and Joe-Censored like this.
  3. BrandyStarbrite

BrandyStarbrite

If you are done with the prototyping, and already know and have an idea, of what the office and map is supposed to look like, then modelling them in blender might be a better idea.

4. SquareBunnyBoy

SquareBunnyBoy

Usually you prototype level in unity just with cubes or something like ProBuilder and when you will be happy with overall layout you bring it to Blender and starting to model it to desirable detail level.