Search Unity

How old developer are you?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Haseeb_BSAA, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Haseeb_BSAA

Haseeb_BSAA

So cool , can I ask what company is that and the pay if you don't mind :D

2. Haseeb_BSAA

Haseeb_BSAA

Such a great history you have! And it is really good to know much about someone's history. I like history :D

GarBenjamin likes this.
  3. BFGames

BFGames

Sorry i cannot share right now. But i am paid well enough for this job actually, but thats not that common in the games industry where the salary is often lower than what you find elsewhere in software development. So DONT do it for the money ;)

Haseeb_BSAA likes this.
  4. Haseeb_BSAA

Haseeb_BSAA

Oh okay , thanks :)

5. TheSniperFan

TheSniperFan

I'm a 22 year old CS student.
    Unfortunately I'm unable to tell you when exactly I started with development. My very first steps into the world of game development were made when I messed around GTA Vice City modding. A former classmate gave me the first mod I've ever played (on a good old floppy disk :D). I got to know him when both of us were in the 7th grade. So we're talking somewhere around 05/06 here.
    It looks like I've done my first step into the world of game development about 9-10 years ago. :)

I've got about two more years till I finish my studies. So I've got about two more years to finish my first game. Since I don't care about mobile gaming and target PCs, it's a lot of work. However, considering that I meet the three requirements to do game development, it's certainly doable.

Haseeb_BSAA likes this.
  6. C_Occlusion

C_Occlusion

Cool! So which game engine did you find the best?
    I find Unity3D a fun to use engine...It speeds up the work...When you work by yourself and not in a large team, the amount of time it takes to get things done is important...I have used many engines and have found that some are good for certain games that others are not...Unity on the other hand is good for many game types and runs on most computers...I plan to stick with Unity for a while...

Haseeb_BSAA, Ryiah and Eths like this.
  7. Eths

Eths

Same thing here ^_^

C_Occlusion and Haseeb_BSAA like this.
  8. adrianrodriguez

adrianrodriguez

Been using Unity for a little over a year (wish that was the actual time I used it)
    I am 28 and just started game development. Unfortunately where I grew up, I didn't have the tools and the opportunities as many of you young developers today.

9. TheAlmightyPixel

TheAlmightyPixel

I've been using Unity for about a year and a half, and I've been investing a ton of time into 3D art and computer graphics in general, so far I've been learning CG for about 3 and a half years.

Oh, and I'm 16 years old, currently on summer vacation and going to the 2nd grade in high school :D

Haseeb_BSAA likes this.
  10. Master-Frog

Master-Frog

I am 30.

I started out in the mid 90's. The first thing I made was a turn-based text-based battle thing in QBasic. I worked in Visual Basic and made some simple 2D stuff, but lacking time and experience it was hard to do anything very large. It wasn't until I got into GameMaker that I started to do more fun things, platformers, etc. I made my first complete game in GameMaker. I found Unity a couple of years ago and started taking game development seriously a little over one year ago. I just recently put the finishing touches on my first complete game in Unity. I learned a lot. Even though it was a rough ride, I know I'll make more games with Unity in the future.

Haseeb_BSAA likes this.