Search Unity

How often should I allow player to watch an ad?

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by Le_Tai, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Le_Tai

Le_Tai

I read that watch too much will reduce player quality>lower ecpm.
    So how often should I offer an ad to players?

2. unity-nikkolai

unity-nikkolai

It partially depends on what makes sense with your gameplay. To maintain higher eCPMs, you should limit the number of ads shown per user between 3 to 5 per day. The effectiveness of ads declines steadily thereafter. Also worth noting is that users are limited to viewing no more than 25 ads per day.

Now with that said, higher eCPM doesn't necessarily mean more revenue in the long run. It does mean ad impressions are more effective, and showing less ads may improve user experience. But keep in mind, an ad that isn't shown isn't able to earn revenue. So the counter argument might be show as many ads as possible, knowing that it'll drive down the eCPM, but may generate more revenue for your game than if you focused your efforts on maintaining a high eCPM by showing fewer ads. This approach isn't always the best for the user experience, though. And is less effective at generating revenue, as reflected by the eCPM.

It's also possible to make the same amount of money in either case. For example:

Case A: Your eCPM is $12 after 1000 starts with 1000 completed views. Your revenue would be $12.
    Case B: Your eCPM is $3 after 4000 starts with 1000 completed views. Your revenue would be $12.
    Case C: Your eCPM is $3 after 8000 starts with 1000 completed views. Your revenue would be $24.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Le_Tai likes this.
  3. Le_Tai

Le_Tai

Thanks you. I saw a lot of your useful post in this forum, why don't you guy collect them into a sticky post, that would be helpful for a lot of people

unity-nikkolai likes this.
  4. unity-nikkolai

unity-nikkolai

I wish it were easier to organize this forum. Unfortunately sticky posts are the only way to keep some of these post visible, which isn't a really good solution since they can quickly pile up.

I'm currently rewriting our documentation. Going to try to add some of these responses to the revised Q&A section.

Le_Tai likes this.
  5. Le_Tai

Le_Tai

You can use one sticky post that act as a pointer that link to important port then.

6. unity-nikkolai

unity-nikkolai

That's a good idea: use one sticky as a Q&A index of the forum.