Search Unity

How often do you need to invoice?

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by moltow, Jan 9, 2018.

1. moltow

moltow

Do earnings accumulate indefinitely or is there a limit to how many months worth of ad based revenue can be included on one invoice? Given that most US banks charge for incoming wire transfers, it would be more cost effective for me to invoice once per year than it would to invoice once per month. Is this allowed?

Here's an example of what I mean...

Let's say that I have a game that earns $100/month from Unity Ads. Further, let's say my bank charges $25 per incoming, international wire transfer. If I were to invoice once a month, I would receive $900 in a year. If, however, I invoiced once a year, I would receive $1175 in a year.

Obviously, if I were to be fortunate enough to earn real income with Unity Ads, this question would become unimportant as someone brining in $10,000/month wouldn't need to worry about a $25 charge, but it is very difficult to be discovered out there in the sea of apps and games in the mobile marketplace, so that $10k/month isn't looking too likely to those of us with no marketing budgets.

2. mikaisomaa

mikaisomaa

Unity Technologies

Hi,

You can hold your revenue for the year and invoice whenever you feel like it.

For now - you can also try requesting a PayPal transfer in case you have excessive intermediate bank transfer fees - PayPal charges are smaller when wiring small amounts of money.

3. moltow

moltow

Thanks. Good info.

4. BBRome

BBRome

good news! but haven't see this possibility in the adv service site, I can just write Paypal request in the invoice?
    thank you

5. Pabac

Pabac

I see that it's better to invoice once a year if you don't need the money right away and the amount is small, counted as your saving. Or you can do half year option I guess.

6. BBRome

BBRome

any news?

7. Groucho

Groucho

@mikaisomma Is there any update on the new automated payment system? It's been talked about here for over a year:
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/unity-charges-you-30-fee-to-pay-an-invoice.498435/
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/wire-transfer-fees.448707/

It'll be great to move to a new system. The $30 fee that happens somewhere between Unity's bank and apparently every US bank is frustrating. Unity used to pay it if you added "wire fee: $30" to your invoice, but they are now asking for proof of where it comes from -- and no one appears to know. Our bank doesn't charge incoming wire fees for our business account, but my payments are still $30 less than what we invoice.

Unity is the only mobile ad network I know of that requires manual invoicing and then pays via wires. Will the new system offer something that avoids the fees?

Thanks!

8. KoalityGame

KoalityGame

I used the new automated system and received the first payout through PayPal perfectly fine without any fees. I just received this months invoice and was charged a $90 transaction fee. WTF? Anyone else experience this?