Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

How not to bake emission in URP

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by DrEmilBachmann, Feb 27, 2021.

1. DrEmilBachmann

DrEmilBachmann

Hi,
    I recently made the switch from default to URP because I am interested in working with shader graph and using some URP specific Assets and everything worked out nicely so far.

Now I encountered a serious problem for my project: I don't seem to be able to have emission not baked into my lightmap. In the default pipeline I could simply uncheck that on the materials emission options but this is not there in URP. I could uncheck "Contribute GI" per object but then it doesn't create shadows anymore which I also don't want. I am using Bakery and Unity 2020.1.17. I realize that most people want their emission baked in (at least all threads I could find about this are about that problem) but in my project I specifically want to be able to create an atmosphere which is dark even though there are lights.

Is there a way to not have emission baked into my lightmaps in URP or do I need to switch back to the default pipeline?

Thanks.

2. kristijonas_unity

kristijonas_unity

Unity Technologies

Hello! There was a bug report which exposed the exact same issue you are facing. Unfortunately, it seems to have been mistakenly closed as by design. I will reach out to the URP team regarding this.

3. DrEmilBachmann

DrEmilBachmann

Hi, thank you four your reply. That means that this is indeed a bug and it should be possible to uncheck emission baking on the material?
    Edit: Nevermind, just read the bug report. Thank you.