Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

How much to publish?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aiir, Apr 6, 2015.

1. Aiir

Aiir

Hey guys new to unity. I was wondering, how much does it cost to publish to the windows store? and the android? What are the rates I'd have to pay to publish in these locations (Unity side)

2. Ryiah

Ryiah

3. Aiir

Aiir

I understand this...but for example....Stencyle charges something like 200 before they even let you publish. Does unity charge -anything- inorder to publish to windows store?

4. Ryiah

Ryiah

You only have to buy Unity Pro when you make $100,000 annual gross revenue. Otherwise there are no fees.

5. RichardKain

RichardKain

Unity charges nothing for publishing of individual titles. Unity charges per-month for a subscription to their Pro-license, and a one-time charge if you just want to buy a Pro-license outright. But they don't charge anything additional for actually publishing to digital stores. They also don't charge any royalties for sales on digital stores.

For the Personal edition of Unity 5, there are no charges at all, so long as your game has earned less than $100,000 USD in a single year. If your game makes more revenue than that annually, you are required to purchase a Pro-license, and that's the end of your financial obligation.

For all of the various licenses that Unity makes available, there are no extra fees for publishing. Any extra price would be levied by the storefronts in question, Unity is unconcerned.