Search Unity

How much time do you spend on Unity?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Haseeb_BSAA, Jun 25, 2015.

1. DarkWolfSoftware

DarkWolfSoftware

Well I feel like I must have an addiction to Unity based on most of these replies. Lately I have been working mostly on building my terrain and game world with the occasional break to do some scripting on my collision, UI's and character stat progression. I have pretty much forgotten what real life is actually like due to the fact that I get so lost in my own world and am pretty much oblivious to all things earth.

I would say I spend at least 14 - 15 hours a day in Unity for the last 3 weeks. I just put on some music and lose myself in my work...maybe I need to take a breather or something for a few days, but I just can't bring myself to do that just yet. I have way too much still to do before I can post a tech demo and hopefully spark some interest in the community for some others to jump on board and help out with my current project as I doubt I can accomplish what I have in mind by myself lol.

Haseeb_BSAA likes this.
  2. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

8-12 hours a day doing game development. Some of that is in unity.

Haseeb_BSAA likes this.
  3. Deleted User

Deleted User

How much time do I spend on unity? Enough to make me not want to think about it xD

4. shaderop

shaderop

I spend too much. But I don't spend enough.

Haseeb_BSAA, Ryiah and zombiegorilla like this.
  5. ensiferum888

ensiferum888

I work full time as a tech support agent, (not related with programming at all), I study CS in university part time.

On my days off I like to get up around 8-9, get started on my game and work until 5-6 or when I'm really into it it can go up to 11 at night. It's not always Unity, it must take about 80% of all that time, the rest could be making models in Blender or textures in Photoshop.

It's rare that I work on it during the week as I get home at around 5, go run for 45 minutes, eat and just try to relax for the next day. I barely play games anymore.

I wish I could live from my game but don't have the confidence yet (nor the product).

Haseeb_BSAA likes this.
  6. Haseeb_BSAA

Haseeb_BSAA

Yeah , so true!

7. Yash987654321

Yash987654321

I used to work 9-11 in weekends in school days but this is quite reduced on holidays. I work for only 5-6 hours and waste my time when I am not working like watching TV and playing with my dog. I have also almost not gone out from the start of holiday. Now school will open soon so had I will need to deal with homework again :(. I would hardly be able to work 3-4 hours that too if I spend study time in Dev (which surely I do :p)

Last edited: Jul 1, 2015
    Haseeb_BSAA likes this.