Search Unity

How much money do you earn from your games?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KaOzz, Oct 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

You are absolutely right and right to call it out, it was very rude of me and not very professional. My apologies to everyone reading.

Rewaken, angrypenguin and Antypodish like this.
  2. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

Agree with the above comments. As a discussion forum, personal details don't need to be shared (and are actually against the rules). A discussion isn't intended to valid and actionable data for analytics. (removed the posts)

angrypenguin likes this.
  3. JohnnyA

JohnnyA

A public company website is not personal information, the user has also shared this site in other posts on this forum which is how I found it. Not that I mind post being removed, but I strongly doubt this is against the rules.

pcg likes this.
  4. Billy4184

Billy4184

If someone doesn't want to share the website info that's up to them, but what's the point of dropping sales info that isn't otherwise useful? We all know why we're here, we want to figure out how to succeed. Someone who makes a pretty big claim and then refuses to share any info about it is asking to get a bit of pressure.

Also, being told to 'google for it' is also a bit of a knock, a simple "I'd rather not for personal reasons" would have probably gone down a bit better.

This is a public forum, not a private conversation.

Anyway, I'm happy for them and their success.

dear123000 and pcg like this.
  5. angrypenguin

angrypenguin

That's not the words they used. I thought they were just saying that their game is highly discoverable, which addresses your question of "what's the point"?

If you find a market gap where you can make your game easily found via Google then there's one data point indicating what that might be worth.

6. Billy4184

Billy4184

That's not a quote I made, it's the message that I got from the post, hence the apostrophes.

I think it's common sense that if you make a post saying "I made 250k with my game" and refuse to provide a link to it people are going to be suspicious. And being told to find it by googling sounds a bit careless.

Anyway, I get the reason why they don't want to link it, and I'm not sure it should have been shared, but like I said, it would have been better to at least say that they have personal reasons for not sharing. Otherwise it sounds a bit like trolling.

7. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

Their business is their personal information (with a business entity, you can pretty learn everything else on them), if they choose not to post it, no one else should be doing it. It's complicated and there are a few legal reasons you shouldn't do it. (legal in the sense it complicates things for Unity and it's legal commitments, not for you.).

Don't post post their information, don't quote their information if they post it. It is against the rules, and mods/admins have to go in and remove it. If they shared this stuff in another post, or elsewhere in the forum, and you have some valid reason you really need to reference it, then link to their post, but don't quote it, just link. There are reasons for this.

Similarly, you shouldn't post your personal information, that rule also technically applies to yourself. Again there are good reasons not to do this. But that is up to the individual.

MadeFromPolygons and pcg like this.
  8. pcg

pcg

Thanks for the clarification.

For anyone following this thread you can assume that @mcmount claim of earnings is probably legit and for their own reasons chose not to share further details.

9. mcmount

mcmount

Maybe it's an adult and not wanting to share everything. Citor3.

10. Max_power1965

Max_power1965

Asisvenia likes this.
  11. SIC88

SIC88

Almost choked on cashews when he said, "We made 4,000 dollars that month. We did really well." Yes, you did, my friend. You certainly did. Didn't know how many girlfriends want to kill their boyfriends. I'll be single forever now. :) Great video. I'll subscribe to him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.