Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. We are updating our Terms of Service for all Unity subscription plans, effective October 13, 2022, to create a more streamlined, user-friendly set of terms. Please review them here: unity.com/legal/terms-of-service.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Have a look at our Games Focus blog post series which will show what Unity is doing for all game developers – now, next year, and in the future.
    Dismiss Notice

How much can we trust the results from the UI Profiler?

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by roberto_sc, Jun 5, 2020.

1. roberto_sc

roberto_sc

The UI Details table is pretty weird. Self batch count and cumulative batch are 25, still, I only see 17 batches in the list. Am I missing something?

Screen Shot 2020-06-05 at 6.26.16 PM.png

I heard here that changing the z position of a UI element would break so I just wanted to test it using the Profiler. I made some tests and the profiler tells me that many elements with different z are being batched together. I kept changing it during runtime but the result was the same.

The Frame Debugger is yielding the same result as the list: 17 batches and no batch break when changing z. So I guess changing z is not guaranteed to break the batch?

To sum up: the batch counts seem to be broken (along with the UI Detail graph) but can I still trust the batch list?

unityunity