Search Unity

Question How Many people can access at once to a webgl game?

Discussion in 'Web' started by jocyf, Nov 2, 2020.

1. jocyf

jocyf

I'm making a webgl game and I want to know how many people can access at once to the same url?

- the app will be about 150Mb long (yeah, it's big)
    - takes 2-3 mins to download.
    - max player accessing at same time: 1.000k

All players will try to connect at the same time. (It's for an special event)
    I'll need a crazy bandwidth: 150Mb * 1.0000 users!

am I wrong about it? is it possible at all?

Greetings,
    Jocyf

2. KamilCSPS

KamilCSPS

Depends on your host, it's not the type of thing you host on your own personals server at home.

What you are talking is about 150GB of bandwidth. In the cloud, with proper caching, load balancing and regional shards... it's nothing. But you do have to setup your hosting accordingly. Don't think it's the right forums for that here.

jocyf and De-Panther like this.
  3. jukka_j

jukka_j

Unity Technologies

@KamilDA is spot on here. Bandwidth is a function of how well geared up your hosting solution is. That is unfortunately a bit beyond the core conversations of this forum, but maybe someone may have experience with scaling up to very large hosting setups. You may try other general web development forums beyond Unity for these sorts of questions, e.g. Google, Microsoft or Amazon AWS or CloudFront related conversation forums.

jocyf likes this.
  4. jocyf

jocyf

Ok, thanks both for your answers.
    I know it's not directly related to Unity but to web hosting specs; hopefully your answers will guide others in the proper direction too.