Search Unity

How many companies use this?

Discussion in 'Unity Reflect' started by Tzan, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Tzan

Tzan

I work full time as an architectural designer and structural engineer in the Boston area.
    Just wondering how many companies actually use this for real work, not just evaluation.

Thanks!

2. DavidMenard

DavidMenard

Unity Technologies

Hey Tzan,
    I'll assume again that you mean Reflect and not Unity, let me know if I'm mistaken.
    You can understand that we can't actually share sales numbers here ;) I will tell you that we do have many of the largest AEC companies in the world actively using Reflect. Most of them today have built custom viewers to focus on their workflows, but some are also using it as-is.
    We're actually pretty excited with the adoption of Reflect. We haven't even been launched for a year yet, so the future is bright!

I'll check to see if there are any numbers or names I can share with you to give you a better idea.
    David

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
  3. Tzan

Tzan

Yeah I assumed I wouldnt get an answer, but I had to try. :)

nawash likes this.
  4. davebradbury

davebradbury

As no other user has responded, I can verify that the company I work for does indeed use this product in a non-development manner. We use if for a few reasons:

• The product is quick, reliable & every Viewer is free to use. It allows us an efficient manner of performing an NWD-like workflow with only a single license (model creation only license), keep the model up to date for all Viewers quickly & using the simple functions built in.
    • It’s quite frankly one of the easiest ways of taking a 3D model out to VR or in our case, AR for tabletop use.
    • Quick method of pre-populating our patented-process of location based, full-scale AR viewing using mobile devices connecting to backend databases.
    • As a Unity Pro user, it used to take me many hours to take a Revit model out to 3DS Max, cleanup unwanted graphics, out to FBX & then import to a new Unity Pro model; now its a manner of minutes & any non-Unity Pro user can create the model.
    • Easiest way to pre-populate a Unity Pro model for all the additional functionality we have previously built
    • The best reason by far, the Viewer is open-source.

I hope this helps

5. Tzan

Tzan

Thanks for the info!