Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

How long until 2020.1 is out of beta?

Discussion in '2020.1 Beta' started by nyscersul, Jul 22, 2020.

1. nyscersul

nyscersul

Heya guys,

This is just a request for any information related to the expected release date of the full version of 2020.1.

I am fully aware of the current "It's done when it is done" stance, i actually often use this perspective myself when asked similar things about my own stuff, however, i also would like to request of any of the unity staff able to do so, if some kind of guesstimate might be made.

Personally, i am already very happy with unity, and have been since 2018 - that was my first properly used version, so im very much eager to see the full version of the 2020.1 beta so i can stop wondering whether im encountering known bugs hehe

Still, Unity rocks! Please give a hint at the expected time remaining. "A few weeks", "A few months", or hopefully not, but even, "A few years" would do!

(Im sure the community can be aware any responses to this thread by unity staff would *only* be considered as a rough idea, and not an official date. I'd rather they aim for "Getting it right" rather than just "Getting it out." :D)

ImpossibleRobert likes this.
  2. JesOb

JesOb

It is already f1
    you can download it from there
    http://beta.unity3d.com/download/2ab9c4179772/download.html

But we currently dont have official anouncement, they prepare blog post and all docs needed, may be they found critical bug and postpone release but I think it something between few days and 1-2 weeks

Remember 2020.1 is tech release so it not LTS nor super stable :)

LeonhardP and vakabaka like this.
  3. nyscersul

nyscersul

4. nyscersul

nyscersul

Is this f1 likely to be improved over the 2020.1b16?

5. nyscersul

nyscersul

6. ImpossibleRobert

ImpossibleRobert

Is there a way to see the changes since b16?

7. nyscersul

nyscersul

Im not sure