Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Question How long is the pending review process?

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by CarlosAI, Feb 24, 2024.

1. CarlosAI

CarlosAI

Hi everyone,

I submitted an asset to the Asset Store on February 12, and after 12 days, it's in the 2021 position in the pending queue.

So I want to ask how much more time I have to wait until my asset is approved.
    I feel frustrated having to wait and don't know when it will be finished.

Is there anyone like me here?

Last edited: Feb 24, 2024
  2. CodeRonnie

CodeRonnie

I think my wait time was around 1.5 - 2 months. After getting to the front of the queue I was rejected based on marketing materials. I went through a few rounds of resubmission, and those were reviewed quickly. Now that my asset is approved, updates usually only take a few days. Getting to the front of the queue was the longest part.

CarlosAI likes this.
  3. CarlosAI

CarlosAI

Hi Ronnie,

Thank you for the information!

Could I ask what your asset's position was back then?

I noticed that they can only handle about 30 packages per day. Currently, my asset's position in the queue
    is 2021. Therefore, at this rate, it will take about 67 business days to reach the front of the queue.

So I have to wait about almost 4 months, which is 1/3 of a year! It feels like such a long time!
    Hopefully, they will speed up the process.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2024
  4. CarlosAI

CarlosAI

Sometimes the position in the queue even increases.
    Today it increased from 2021 to 2033.
    I don't know why or when my asset will get to the front of the queue.

5. mgear

mgear

just noticed the same position increase..

submitted one in 31th dec, current estimate:
    upload_2024-2-25_10-19-29.png
    *dont mind the wrong year : D

marcoantap and CodeSmile like this.
  6. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

I also use a chart to track progress towards review. I also submitted on February 12th. :)

The average estimated date of review is early May, and the range based on day-to-day changes ranges from anywhere between late March to late Summer. :D
    upload_2024-2-25_11-20-34.png

For the past couple months the time until the first review of a package has been around 8-10 weeks.

But ... knowing that, I submitted the package a week after I started working on it and felt confident I can develop it into a publishable package within 6+ weeks. You can actually change everything about your submission before the review without affecting the queue.

However, if you have other assets undergoing updates, the reviewer may peek into your other pending assets. Particularly if they don't look like correct submissions, they may get instantly rejected when the other asset's update is being reviewed. Which means I won't be pushing an update to other assets unless I've submitted a reviewable version of the new asset.

mgear, CarlosAI and CodeRonnie like this.
  7. CarlosAI

CarlosAI

When I started making the asset, I didn't know that I would have to wait 3-4 months for it to be published.
    I read Unity Manual and it says it just takes about 5 business days, which is 1 week:
    https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/AssetStoreSubmit.html

It hurts me a lot. After spending a lot of time making an asset for Unity, I received the news that I have to wait 3-4 months to find out whether my asset will be approved or denied. I don't know whether I should continue making assets for Unity anymore.

I have never heard of any store having such a long review time. The review time of most stores right now is within 2 weeks. I think Unity should improve their review process so that the review time is shorter.

frbrz, iChuy and CodeRonnie like this.
  8. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

It's 8 to 10 weeks currently, or 2 to 2.5 months tops. Nobody said 3-4 months!

This is only for the initial review. If you get your asset denied, perhaps for a minor reason such as having the Unity logo in one of your marketing images, then the re-review will usually happen within a week. The same goes for updates.

If you have submitted an asset you can request access to the publisher's private forum, where the long review times and steps to alleviate them are being discussed.

9. DevDunk

DevDunk

Yep, taking 1.5-2.5 months is not weird.
    For me most of my assets were through under 2 months.

10. CarlosAI

CarlosAI

Hi CodeSmile,

Thank you for the information!
    I feel a bit better now.

It's my estimated time based on the past 2 weeks. Hopefully, it will take 2 months. But even if it takes 2 months, it's still too long for me.

And I still see people being rejected for unknown reasons, like this guy:
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/unity-asset-store-rejection.1549589/

That's why I feel insecure and I couldn't imagine how I'll feel if I get rejected after 2 months of waiting like him.

And this is the first time I've submitted an asset to the Unity Asset Store, so I still don't have permission to access the publisher's private forum. How can I request access to it?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2024
  11. DevDunk

DevDunk

The review after rejection (you can appeal it, I had it once as well) is usually within a week.
    Same for updates to existing assets.

You can get access once your asset is accepted I think? It was at the bottom of an email, not sure which one

CarlosAI likes this.
  12. liambilly

liambilly

why do they say 20-30 days? also is a position that number after the # and if i updated the infor for a pending asset would it change as if its a newly submitted one?

13. CodeRonnie

CodeRonnie

You can keep modifying new drafts of your submission without changing your place in the queue.

DevDunk likes this.