Search Unity

How long does the black friday and cyber monday sale last?

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by allanc1147, Nov 28, 2022.

1. allanc1147

allanc1147

Anyone know when the sales will end? I can't seem to find the end date anywhere.

2. CodeSmile

CodeSmile

This is often purposefully omitted to pressure people into buying by leaving them unsure whether they'll "miss" the deadline.

Usually, if that date comes close, a countdown appears. I can't say this is what will happen for certain, it's just something most shops do during black cyber etc. sales periods.

3. allanc1147

allanc1147

Oh, that kind of makes sense, no wonder it is so hard to find. Thanks CodeSmile

StevenDeLaTorre likes this.
  4. Liam2349

Liam2349

Yeah it seems a predatory pattern. Would be nice for them to clear things up.

When you look at e.g. an Amazon sale, the end time is clearly shown.

For a closer example, I just checked the Unreal Marketplace and the sale end date is shown quite clearly at the top of the page.

5. TonyLi

TonyLi

In past sales, the Asset Store has shown a countdown in the last few days of the sale, so if the same holds true then they should be pretty clear when the end date is approaching. BTW, unofficially, a quick Google search shows December 7 as the end date on 221b-asset-street.com, SpeedTutor's video, Bliz Studio's video, and more.

StevenDeLaTorre likes this.