Search Unity

How is Unity 5 better then Unreal 4?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Valkronos, Mar 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valkronos

Valkronos

So I've been using Unity and I loved it, but I always thought Unreal was better. And I don't know, but I guess I was L-A-ATE and I am just now realizing you get every feature of UE4 free. I looked around and it seemed that UE4 created better quality games than Unity. I read some threads on other websites and apparently UE4 has the technological and graphical edge against Unity, with all features FREE. And about the games, when I look at Unity I don't see any high-quality games, triple A worthy. I mean, the best triple A game in Unity is Max and the Magic Marker...meanwhile UE4 has created high quality triple A games like Borderlands. Is it true the Unity isn't the good engine compared to UE4 for developing a very high quality game? And how is Unity 5 superior to UE4? Please answer this well, because I'm on the verge of porting my game over to UE4 and working there.

2. angrypenguin

angrypenguin

3. Andy-Touch

Andy-Touch

A Moon Shaped Bool Unity Legend

This has been discussed many times across these forums and many others. But, ill answer a few of your questions:

- Both engines have alot of high-quality games made with them.
    - Unity Personal Edition is Full-Engine Free and No Royalties. Unreal Engine 4 is Full-Engine Free but you must pay them 5% Royalties on your Gross Revenue.
    - Both engines have a variety of features and tools to make content with.
    - Quality can be defined in many ways when it comes to games, or any other art form. I could describe a game's performance to be 'High Quality'. I could also describe what an explosion sound effect sounds like as 'High Quality'. You can produce High Quality of any area of a game, in both engines depending on your experience, time, money, team-size and goals.

Now thats all answered, I don't really see where this thread can go now. :) Locked!

elmar1028, Ryiah and zombiegorilla like this.
  4. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

5 is greater then 4. Therefore Unity wins, no contest.

Seriously there are dozens of threads on this topic. We don't need another one.

In general the ability to create cutting edge content relies more on the skill of the user then the engine. Go try UE4 for a couple of weeks. You'll soon figure out which engine works better for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.