Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

How is the development of liquid renderer(screen space fluid)?

Discussion in 'Visual Effect Graph' started by Stickeyd, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Stickeyd

Stickeyd

Hello! Mike here.

The question is in the header basically. Is it in development or is it planned on a long road? Could you provide approximation for when it will be ready? Very important for my project.

Also, is it possible to add custom external screen space fluid renderer to the system? To do it I need to find a way to transfer particle data on update to the external shader (From GPU to GPU). Is there a way to do so? If not, would it be hard to download the source code of VFX graph and patch it myself? Is it even possible?

Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
  2. VladVNeykov

VladVNeykov

Unity Technologies

Hi Mike,

Fluid simulation is under consideration at the moment, but it is not being worked on at the moment.
    You can check out our public roadmap here and vote for features you are interested in.

The VFX graph is a package, so all the C# code for it is available already. You can copy your Visual Effect Package folder into the Packages folder of your project if you would like to modify the code.

Hope this helps!

3. JulienF_Unity

JulienF_Unity

Unity Technologies

Screen space fluid rendering should be possible to implement using an HDRP custom pass.