Search Unity

How is Nintendo Switch support coming along?

Discussion in 'Input System' started by Xarbrough, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Xarbrough

Xarbrough

I’m looking forward to the new input system. How is Nintendo Switch support currently or in the near future? My company will be developing for Switch for the next year and we would like to switch from a completely custom implementation to a cross-platform solution. If the official Switch support will still be lacking in the near future, what about extending Unity input with custom Switch code? Will this be easier than writing everything from scratch? I believe it will be easy to simply map an axis or button to an action, but how can I handle different controller/joy con configurations with Unity input?

2. jonas-echterhoff

jonas-echterhoff

Unity Technologies

Input on Nintendo Switch (and other consoles) is implemented by the Input System - however, in 0.9.6 support for consoles was moved out of the package, and will be brought back as separate packages (which will then be distributed using the console code distribution mechanism by those consoles). So currently, you either need to use the old 0.9.5 version, or wait for those separate packages to become available.

Xarbrough likes this.