Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Question How is development going with Matchmaker?

Discussion in 'Matchmaker' started by orcunsari, Apr 29, 2023.

1. orcunsari

orcunsari

Hi, as far as I know Matchmaker only works with Multiplay server allocation. So can't I use Matchmaker results to start server localhost? Is it really necessary to disable matchmaker while developing the game?

2. guillaumedUnity

guillaumedUnity

Unity Technologies

Hi,
    yes for now Matchmaker is only available with Multiplay. We have on the road to decouple and provide Matchmaker for Peer Hosting during the year so stay tuned !

orcunsari likes this.
  3. jackward84

jackward84

Are there any plans to add some kind of event system to tickets? Having to manually poll tickets (both client match and server backfill) and handle remote state makes getting familiar with the matchmaker is frustrating.

4. cris-unity-mm

cris-unity-mm

Unity Technologies

We don't have any immediate plans for an event system for tickets

5. jackward84

jackward84

Another one! Are there any plans for matchmaker to handle players "accepting" a ticket? For example, if I have a 2v2 game and I want all players to be "ready" before putting them into a match, will matchmaker support that?

Currently if I wanted to do something like this, I would need some third party which all players connect to in order to get the player "ready" status after the matchmaker has found the match. The allocated server would still get spun up regardless of this ready status.

6. cris-unity-mm

cris-unity-mm

Unity Technologies

Hi, the matchmaker doesn't support this, but the Lobby service could help with by having the players join the same Lobby, and one of the players acting as the party leader and creating the matchmaking ticket when ready.

7. roger_peng

roger_peng

Hi,
    How is development going with Matchmaker for Peer Hosting. I have seen this feather was in progress a couple months ago, but today I check the Unity roadmap page. It is neither in progress nor released. What is going on?

8. guillaumedUnity

guillaumedUnity

Unity Technologies

Stay tuned, we will have more to share very soon on that matter

9. GabrielEdgegap

GabrielEdgegap

For a free, low code matchmaker, check out Edgegap's: https://edgegap.com/platform/matchmaker-lobby