Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

How fast is update meant to take?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by aimonthyderikk, Oct 3, 2019.

1. aimonthyderikk

aimonthyderikk

I think something is up with my copy of unity

since i have been using it i have been pestered with the check for update screen every time i restarted unity like the first picture in https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/VersionCheck.html whether i checked the check for new version button or not, and even though i set it to ignore incoming connections(though i think the last one is a macbook issue)

recently though when i clicked on 'skip new version' like i usually do (because i am still halfway in a project) it updated anyways, and without any warnings like i read that should have gotten and practically instantly.

now it does not send me the check for update screen,

could i have gotten a virus? i do not think i downloaded unity from non-authorised sources. Is there a way to check my past version histories or something?

2. Amon

Amon

There's no way unity will auto update without you intervening. This is especially true when using Unity Hub.

The fact that you say you don't think you downloaded unity from non-authorised sources tells me that you downloaded unity from non-authorised sources. You're doing this probably because you have a patch to allow you to use the features like IDE colour and disabling analytics.

Your entire post stinks of "I may have been caught using a patched unity and I'm posting here to see if I've been rumbled".

Last edited: Oct 3, 2019
    Ryiah likes this.
  3. aimonthyderikk

aimonthyderikk

The reason why i said i didn't think i downloaded unity from non-authorized sources was because i didn't download it from non-authorised sources.

digging back, i found this segment that shows where I downloaded it from.

It's still weird because I distinctly remember the version before i posted this being something like 2017.4.something but this says I downloaded this from 2015 and implies that the version i had is 5.2.1f1 which is the one i updated to

If you or anyone still wants to claim i downloaded this from patch or whatever at least point me to a place where i can seek help

Attached Files:

4. aimonthyderikk

aimonthyderikk

Nevermind, I did some digging on my own and found the 'Check for Update' button myself. I didn't update unity, but it sent me to a page that made me think it did update. Still strange but it doesnt look like a virus