Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

How fast devices will see config changes? [BUG]

Discussion in 'Unity Remote Config' started by hippogames, Jun 22, 2020.

1. hippogames

hippogames

Hi! I deploy config Timestamp with all other data for my app via RemoteConfig and it worked fine. I've made some changes today and set Timestamp as 23.06.2020. I can see this value in Dashboard, it's correct. But even 20 minutes after this change was made all of my devices (Windows + UWP) still receive old data (20.06.2020, requestOrigin = Remote). Now I'm worrying if I've broke something when upgrading my project from 2019.2 to 2019.4. Or it's just a normal delay? Thanks for your response!

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

It should be very fast, within seconds or minutes. Does this occur during your testing?

3. 2PGames

2PGames

I've similar issue. Added new remote setting today and when requested it still returns 49 items instead of 50. My newly created item is not on the list of returned items.

4. MaximPP

MaximPP

I also have a broken RemoteConfig. I don't get the latest changes from the server in the game, but there are no errors
    ps: i am also update project to 2019.4

Last edited: Jun 23, 2020
  5. ejandra

ejandra

Hi I am also having the same issues. I am using Unity 2018.3 and Remote Config 1.2.3. I pushed a value of 0.176 and it reflects in the online dashboard. However, when fetching via code, it still returns 0.175.

6. MaximPP

MaximPP

Yes, syncing works correctly between the Web Interface and Unity Editor Window, but the game continues to receive old data, even after deleting the RemoteConfig.json file from 'Application.persistentDataPath'

7. hippogames

hippogames

No, it's Release configuration. And all of devices I've checked still (after 12 hours) receive old config instead a new one. Just tested in Unity with Development setup, the same issue - an old config received as Remote. I can suppose that this may be a bug when Cached data is received as Remote.

8. hippogames

hippogames

Please reply if you can reproduce it. I could create this bug in forbugz.

9. jacobbev

jacobbev

Unity Technologies

Hey, thank you for raising concern. This is most likely a result of a cache related incident, that should now be resolved! Please let us know if you are still experiencing issues.

ejandra likes this.