Search Unity

How does the Unity Splash Screen work? What's the Image Size? And other questions.

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by WolfBeardedLion, May 21, 2018.

1. WolfBeardedLion

WolfBeardedLion

I am currently working on an application for Android and iOS using Unity3D, and I am having an issue making the transition from Unity's Splash Screen to the Loading Screen seem seamless.

No matter what I do Unity's Pro Splash Screen feature seems to create an invisible border around the sprite I selected (full rect, 1000 x 1000, png) to be assigned to the Splash Screen, which is making the alignment of the same logo graphic used in the first scene of the application, the Loading Screen, to not match up correctly.

I would like this logo to line up correctly between these phases to give a seamless transition from Splash to Loading, so that to the user it seems like one scene altogether.

So my questions are what is Unity actually doing in the Splash Screen? Is a quad being used to show the sprite? If so, what is the texture size?

It appears that Unity somehow scales the image down for a border, is that right? If so, how much of a border and where is the center?

Is there any way to disable the fade effect that occurs as the Splash Scene transitions into the Unity application's first scene?

Thank you in advance for any help given.

Last edited: May 22, 2018
  2. WolfBeardedLion

WolfBeardedLion

3. WolfBeardedLion

WolfBeardedLion

Does Unity have any plans to add more flexibility to its Pro Splash Screen feature?

I am beginning to think what I want to accomplish in Unity is not possible at the moment. Can anyone confirm?