Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions. On July 12, the Unity Forums will become read-only.

Please, do not make any changes to your username or email addresses at id.unity.com during this transition time.

It's still possible to reply to existing private message conversations during the migration, but any new replies you post will be missing after the main migration is complete. We'll do our best to migrate these messages in a follow-up step.

On July 15, Unity Discussions will become read-only until July 18, when the new design and the migrated forum contents will go live.

Read our full announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.

Question How does SetImpulseEventThresholdAllConstraints for joints work?

Discussion in 'Physics for ECS' started by pacothe27th, Jan 16, 2024.

1. pacothe27th

pacothe27th

Hello all,

I've been digging through forums and documentation and can't seem to find anything on this. Does anyone know how the SetImpulseEventThresholdAllConstraints method is expected to work when setting up a PhysicsJoint? I may be completely misunderstanding it but I assume it can be used to identify the amount of impulse being applied to the joint in a given frame. From there it could then be used to "break" the joint if the impulse is past a certain limit, but I don't know how to extract that impulse information from anywhere.

I see that there is an ImpulseEvent struct (Struct ImpulseEvent | Unity Physics | 1.0.16 (unity3d.com)) that appears to be the data I need to determine if a joint should break or not, but I can't seem to find any way to access this ImpulseEvent struct from the PhysicsWorld or any methods.

Any help here would be appreciated!