Search Unity

How does one delete Requests on Facebook via the Unity Facebook SDK? Or is it not necessary?

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by dshillady, Nov 15, 2014.

1. dshillady

dshillady

Hello All.

While reading the content on the Facebook Developers website (including the Unity Facebook SDK sections), I came across several pages, including this one: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/games/requests/v2.2 , that mention that it is an application developer's responsibility to remove confirmed Requests, such as one-to-one messages that recommend a game to a friend.

Here's an excerpt:

"Requests stack and appear in chronological order, much like a traditional email inbox. Requests are not automatically deleted when recipients accept them. It is the developer's responsibility to ensure that requests are deleted after being accepted and consumed. This is discussed in more detail in the implementation section of this guide."

However, I searched at length across the forums here, and the web in general, trying to find anything regarding this topic, to no avail.

The sample game Friendsmash doesn't have any code to do this--not even any comments about it!

So, does anyone who is reading this have any experience with the matter?

Is it really necessary to write code to delete requests such as these, or is the Facebook Developer's website just being formal?

Can anyone share some code snippet that would accomplish this?

And/or any other advice?

Please help, if possible.

Thank you.

2. dshillady

dshillady

3. dshillady

dshillady

No response? No help?

Is this thread in the wrong section of the forums?

Can anyone provide any information?

Please?

4. Michieal

Michieal

hey, I know it's a long time past, but did you figure it out? I'm working on the same thing at the moment.