Search Unity

How does "featured by apple" works (by country)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by maik, Sep 27, 2012.

1. maik

maik

Hi,

Does Apple has a team in each country of the iTunes Store to select if the App will be feature or not?

I mean,
    Are there different people the ones who evaluate the Apps in Germany or Kenya or Argentina or Ukrania, etc...
    Or is it the same team for all the countries? Or how does it works?

Thanks a lot!

2. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

That would seem to probably be the case, but I doubt you will find a solid answer either way.

3. Wild-Factor

Wild-Factor

Apple kept this things secret. They don't want people trying to game the system. Big guys can talk directly to apple, but that's not the case for most of use.

4. Starsman Games

Starsman Games

I think the feature sections are based off language, not region.

There won’t be a different UK and US editorial, for instance. They both speak English.

Japan may get its own editorial, as will Germany.

However, it's also very very likely that they will just carry on with the US Editorial and only override it if they find some new apps that are more relevant for the local market.

Localization may increase your chances of gaining some visibility this way in various regions, so if you can accommodate it at launch, definitively go for it.

5. pvloon

pvloon

I had an app featured, I got featured wordwide. However, some of the apps featured on the store are only relevant for, in my case, the Netherlands, so you can get feautred for a specific country as well. For a game I'd say you always get featured internationally.

Or do you mean the 'top paid' lists etc. ? Those are for one country.

6. Starsman Games

Starsman Games

If you register an AppAnnie.com account, you can search any app from any developer and see their current "featured categories". If you take your time to monitor an app week to week (most likely your own) you can see how you may drop off some language feature lists but remain in another.

Misu Misu Kaboom lasted quite a bit longer in the Korean and French minor feature sections than it lasted in the English section.