Search Unity

How does crowdfunding success affect game development?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by unity_ZpNbFJO2OK-mgA, Mar 22, 2018.

?

If you have CROWDFUNDED your game development, which of the following statements do you agree with?

1. I went out of my way to try to launch my game by the estimated delivery date

100.0%
  2. I made an effort to launch my game by the estimated delivery date

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I was not at all concerned about launching my game by the estimated delivery date

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. unity_ZpNbFJO2OK-mgA

unity_ZpNbFJO2OK-mgA

Hi there! I am an academician doing research on both funding success and video game development success.

For those who have CROWDFUNDED your game development, it would be extremely helpful if you could fill out a very short survey (click the Qualtrics link below) about your experiences.

http://koc.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_5cjBhJv5pHzDpEV

The survey would just take 5 minutes and I’ll be happy to share my findings of what leads to crowdfunding success and how it affects game development based on an examination of 350 Kickstarter projects on game development in return.

This is an anonymous survey and your personal information will not be recorded.

Thank you very much in advance!

Martin_H likes this.
  2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

#1 seems to reflect 'words' used by successful crowd funded game development teams.
    #3 seems to reflect 'actions' taken by most successful crowd funded game development teams.

Another question to ask is "how often does a game development team attend abroad game conference/gatherings after successful crowd funding compared to before successful crowd funding".

unity_ZpNbFJO2OK-mgA likes this.
  3. EternalAmbiguity

EternalAmbiguity

Just a warning, you're not going to get very many responses to that here.

I've been thinking about this for a while, but this place seems reserved mostly for those of us who're just hobby-ing. You don't get a whole lot of the more business-focused people on here, certainly not many people with big enough studios to run a Kickstarter. You're probably better off going to each of those companies directly.

unity_ZpNbFJO2OK-mgA likes this.
  4. unity_ZpNbFJO2OK-mgA

unity_ZpNbFJO2OK-mgA

thanks for the suggestion!!!