Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

How Doc Fx select the scripts documented in the script API

Discussion in 'Documentation' started by Rafzaell, Mar 3, 2022.

1. Rafzaell

Rafzaell

Hello devs and creators,

I'm developping a unity package and am using docfx to document it.
    It works great and is very useful but something seems still weird to me.

I have added the documentation folder in my project folder as suggested, I get my package in the packages folder of my project and all seems to work.

But, if I generate the doc (by using the command 'cp README.md Documentation/index.md' and 'docfx Documentation/docfx.json --serve'), the generated scripting API contains only the classes used by the scripts in assets/scripts. I would prefer to get every classes from the scripts contained in my package to be documented in the scripting API.

Do I have to add every scripts I want to be documented in the asset/script folder?

- If yes, how to get rid of warnings about conflicts, for example if I add some of my scripts that are in runtime /scripts to the asset foler (E.G Utilities.cs) and use it from another script (E.G AdvancedTrigger.cs) I get this warning:

Assets\Scripts\AdvancedTrigger.cs(310,17): warning CS0436: The type 'Util' in 'C:\Users\Raphael\Documents\GitHub\Madtrix_tools\Assets/Scripts/Utilities.cs' conflicts with the imported type 'Util' in 'com.madtrix.madtrixtools, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. Using the type defined in 'C:\Users\Raphael\Documents\GitHub\Madtrix_tools\Assets/Scripts/Utilities.cs'.

- If not, what is the good way to document every scripts in my package witheout adding those to the asset/script folder?

Maybe this is something obvious for some of you but even after reading a lot about docfx and packages this makes me a bit confused still, so thank you by adavance for your answers.

2. Xiaoye_Dark

Xiaoye_Dark

bro have you done this problem?