Search Unity

How do you to keep track of purchased assets that get upgrade prices in the asset store?

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by joni9887, Oct 20, 2015.

1. joni9887

joni9887

Possibly I am missing something regarding this. I have searched the forums but to no avail. I would appreciate some help from more knowledgeable persons.

On occasion I have missed out on some assets previously purchased by me when they got upgrade prices. Once missed out they revert to full price which causes a loss of invested capital.

Upgrade price items does not seem to pop up on notifications (flaw?) nor does it give any other alert except for being issued a new rebated price tag on the asset upon it being upgraded. This means monitoring updates manually screening all new updates. It would be nice if they turned up on a separate status list in my download area or as marked items in notification.

2. radimoto

radimoto

I've also requested this in one of the Asset Store threads.

Unity is missing out on revenue - I can't see which Assets have upgrade prices on my wishlist or from searches without drilling down into the Asset itself.

How are you meant to find good deals for update pricing? Going into each Asset to check would be too time consuming. The only updates I've purchased have been either from finding out on Asset threads or by pure luck...

I think Unity should either add it as a search option, or show both the normal and upgrade price (if available) on the search and wishlist pages.

Also we should be able to search the wishlist as well, I wouls really like a filter to display only the wishlist, and then allow you to search/filter the wishlist even further.

3. nasos_333

nasos_333

There should be an indication of an available update in the page where we view purshases, this would help a lot identify what is on offer.

Maybe a sorting by this feature too, as my asset list is now too long to go through easilly :)

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  4. Zeblote

Zeblote

What's an "upgrade price"? Are you saying it's possible for updates to to cost money?

5. nasos_333

nasos_333

This is a feature activated lately, for assets more than one year old on the store. Updates can be separate packs and have a upgrade cost from the previous version.

6. Zeblote

Zeblote

Does this mean if an asset is incompatible with a future version of unity the creator can decide "you'll have to pay again to keep using it"? That's a bummer.

7. nasos_333

nasos_333

Indeed, that is a possibility. But the upside is that if the asset was going to be a separate release anyway, now there is an option to upgrade for a lower price, than buy it whole price again.

theANMATOR2b likes this.