Search Unity

How do you know if an entry for the Unity for Humanity Challenge 2019 got submitted/received?

Discussion in 'Unity Connect' started by Nananaaa, Feb 18, 2019.

1. Nananaaa

Nananaaa

Hello,

I've entered an article for the Unity for Humanity Challenge 2019. Is there any way to tell if it got submitted/received?
    There was no email sent. Also there's no hint on Unity Connect about it. Is there any way to "find" my challenge entry, now that the challenge is closed?

Thanks,
    Michael.

2. daveinpublic

daveinpublic

I'm not able to submit mine, can't get a response from hardly anyone, either.

On the challenge page, I see a Blue 'Start a Submission' Button.... when I'm not signed in. As soon as I sign in, the button isn't there anymore. Is that the button you used to submit? Or did you just use the Green 'Post a Project' Button at the top of the page and tag it with #UnityForHumanity?

3. Nananaaa

Nananaaa

Hi Dave,

The "Start a Submission" button worked for me. While logged in the button changed to "Edit your submission" (or something similar) which worked as well.

However, now that the challenge is closed, the submission seems to have disappeared without any traces... What puzzles me is that there was no confirmation message or email. There's also no link on Unity connect. So I have no clue if the entry joined the challenge or not.

Let's see, time will tell...

4. daveinpublic

daveinpublic

Thanks for the response. I was completely under the impression that the deadline was tonight at Midnight, Pacific Time. I read through every rule on the 'rules' page, double and triple checked the deadline, put it in my calendar, planned around it far in advance. I even took a screen shot of it just in case.

So now it's behaving like the contest is already closed? I know that the main page says it closes at 2am today, which I only noticed today because I had been reading the official rules page. This is crazy. You can see that the contest is closed on your end?

5. Nananaaa

Nananaaa

Lucky you!
    It seems you just got 9 more hours. :)
    Good luck with your submission!

To answer your question: Yes the challenge was closed a few hours ago.

6. Nananaaa

Nananaaa

Issue solved.
    Just in case somebody stumbles over this:

You must push the "Post" button twice!
    The first time will bring up the two-factor-authentication page. After you've two-factor-authenticated yourself, you have to push the "Post" button again to actually submit your application! After that you'll see your submission at your Unity Connect profile.