Search Unity

How do you handle differents dpi or screen sizes?

Discussion in 'Android' started by JorobusLab, Jul 7, 2014.

1. JorobusLab

JorobusLab

Hi fellows, I did an app for Android before but not with Unity. I'm aware that inside an Android project root folder one can create folders like res/drawable, res/drawable-ldpi, res/drawable-mdpi, res/drawable-hdpi, res/drawable-xhdpi or res/layout-large, res/layout-normal and so on(more information => https://developer.android.com/training/basics/supporting-devices/screens.html ). We can have an image splitted in a bunch of images, each one for each screen size or differents dpi, so the Android device will take the corresponding image from the specific folder for the screen dpi and size, easy to understand. How do you handle this with Unity projects? I see that one don't need to follow a specific standard of folders hierarchy in the project, how do you handle this? Or I should not be worried about this?

2. NightStorm_100

NightStorm_100

I currently work on a Vector Renderer. It will Render the right Texture Sizes for my GUI from a Vector while loading the Level.

Its pretty Slow right now on Android. But Works decent on PC/Mac. Still a lot of work is needed