Search Unity

How do you create android folder and save file init on desktop?

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by RandomCharacters, Mar 15, 2020.

1. RandomCharacters

RandomCharacters

Last edited: May 21, 2020
  2. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

On Android something like this will likely involve a bunch of very Android-specific calls, as well as requesting specific permissions in your AndroidManifest.xml file to let you stick files on the launcher page.

You may be able to some of this directly from Unity using the
    AndroidJavaObject
    class mechanism, but you'd have to do the legwork to identify what calls might be necessary in Android to make this happen, and that would be found in the online Android reference material from the google developer site.

3. Brathnann

Brathnann

4. Brathnann

Brathnann

Android doesn't have a desktop. Unless you mean the home screen, and I don't know if you can save there. I actually just tried to move a file there and it didn't let me. It did let me create a shortcut to it.

Chances are, you're going to have to use some sort of native code as well as get a permission to do so. Pretty much what @Kurt-Dekker was saying. The plugin was just a hopeful piece.

I suggest you look for either saving to home or creating a shortcut options if you're Googling this. Good luck!

5. Brathnann

Brathnann

Did you try Googling it? Cause I have no clue. Never had a reason to do that.

6. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

That would be something to research over on the Android side of things:

https://developer.android.com/