Search Unity

How do you create a Mac xcode project?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ClosingTime, Apr 19, 2018.

1. ClosingTime

ClosingTime

When building my game for Mac, it seems to only build a final Application with no option to build a project for xCode?
    There are no clear instruction how am I suppose to upload this final application to iTunes?

2. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

That's correct. (And not a problem, in my experience.)

You upload it to the App Store... this is a somewhat complex process, and outside of Unity's purview. But Apple has lots of documentation on it. Search for "code-signing and submitting your Mac app" on your favorite search engine, and also be sure to read through the docs at developer.apple.com.

3. ClosingTime

ClosingTime

You don't understand. Unity builds a final binary, all the Apple documentation talk about code signing an app from xCode? I cannot change plist of a final buid?

4. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

You don't have to code-sign your app from Xcode; there is a commandline tool called "codesign" which you can use instead.

I use shell scripts to automate the process for me. They look like this:

Code (shellscript):
    1. #!/bin/bash
    3. cd /Users/jstrout/Data/StroutAndSons/HighFrontier/Build/Mac
    5. echo 'Clearing "Untouched" versions...'
    6. rm -rf *Untouched*
    8. echo 'Code-signing Mac full build...'
    9. codesign --deep -f -v -s "Developer ID Application: Strout and Sons, LLC" HighFrontier.app
    10. codesign --deep --verify --verbose HighFrontier.app
    12. echo 'Zipping Mac full build...'
    13. rm HighFrontier-Mac.zip
    14. zip -r HighFrontier-Mac HighFrontier.app
    Read through "man codesign" to learn more about how to use it.

5. ClosingTime

ClosingTime

Yea, I was able to do it with codesign. Thanks. The issue now is that Unity produce a crashing binary which I mentioned in another thread.

6. ClosingTime

ClosingTime

The Application Loader says it thinks it's an iOS app according to the plist.info?
    It's not a complex process, it's just that you can't find information on this because every search you make or click on Apple developer's site leads you to signing with xCode.