Search Unity

How do you create a 360 video from unity scene?

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by AJS654321, Feb 7, 2019.

1. AJS654321

AJS654321

hi, how do you create a 360 video in unity?

Do I need an asset like helios, or can you use octane?

Do you create ananimation first then attach a panoramic camera?

Any tips would be grateful please.

Thanks

2. cyenketswamy

cyenketswamy

Hi

Ive used something similar to generate stereoscopic VR frames which I later combined within Blender to make a video clip which I could view through Google cardboard. But this was using only two cameras.

In your case you need to capture image stills covering full 360 degree sweep of the camera at various elevations.

Then use an image stitching software like Autostitch for seamless stitching of your images to create your rectangular panoramic image file.

This will work fine for a stationary scene. If things are moving in your scene then it gets much more complicated and computer intensive. You will need asynchronous C# coding to capture frames from various directions simultaneously in realtime. I doubt Unity C# has this built in support I may be wrong.

If you make it this far then you will need to assemble all those images into a 360 video. You most likely will have to use some thirdparty software.

3. AJS654321

AJS654321

hi, thanks for your input, i figured out how to do it, using image recorder with octane, then rendering it out in after effects, cheers,