Search Unity

How do you capture a photosphere on Mac?

Discussion in 'Daydream' started by pfreema1, Aug 23, 2017.

1. pfreema1

pfreema1

Hi everyone.

I'm in the process of getting my app approved for the daydream store, and a sticking point I've reached is that I am having trouble getting a panorama of a scene within Unity.

I've come across this post:

https://forum.unity3d.com/threads/creating-a-360-stereo-photosphere-for-daydream.451440/

It details the process of downloading the "360 Panorama Capture" asset, and using that to get the screenshot.

I converted a copy of my game to a Windows build, and tried using the asset above, but it doesn't support Mac, which is my only workstation (there's an error referring to "compute shaders").

I have also tried using this asset:

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/35102

I used VRTV to look at the screenshot and it looked fine, but I received this error from the app feedback:

"The stereoscopic image does not render correctly or has the wrong dimensions in your Play Store details page. The image is not in a "stacked" format."

Any ideas? I don't have a Windows computer to load my game onto to get the screenshot.

2. duncangroberts

duncangroberts

Hi there,

I'm afraid I don't have a mac so can't help on specifics, but it sounds like your second asset use has worked, you're just providing it in the wrong format. You need to make sure your final image is 4096 x 4096 and that the stereoscopic images are on top of each other rather than side by side. That should just be something you can adjust in the second asset you are using to generate the photosphere.

Sorry I can't be of more help, hopefully that may sort it for you.

Duncan

3. pfreema1

pfreema1

Hey Duncan!

You're exactly right. I just resubmitted so hopefully it should be good.

edit: For future reference, the asset above works!

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
  4. duncangroberts

duncangroberts

Fantastic, really pleased to hear that. Good luck with the submission and I'll look forward to trying out your app!
    Duncan