Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you add folder to Favorites?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by SeptianG, Jan 1, 2014.

1. SeptianG

SeptianG

How do you add one of folder in Assets to Favorites?
    I've tried dragging it around and it seems doing nothing

$hUYAMDh.gif
    http://imgur.com/hUYAMDh

Can anyone tell me if there's something wrong with my unity?

2. SeptianG

SeptianG

3. Dustin-Horne

Dustin-Horne

What version of Unity and what OS? I tested in in 4.3 on Windows 8 Pro x64 and it works just fine for me...

4. SeptianG

SeptianG

it's pro version 4.3 with os Win 7 64 Bit, is it known bug?

5. SeptianG

SeptianG

*bump*

Anyone know the fix for this? I really need this feature because my project involves large amount of stuffs

6. tunghuynh

tunghuynh

@SeptianG : I have the same problem, too. Maybe you can try FavoriteTab from Flipbookee ? I haven't used it yet, but there are so many positive comments I think it's worth to have a look :)

7. SeptianG

SeptianG

Seems good, but in tight budget now :( can only report this bug to unity and hope they fix it later

8. VicChelaru

VicChelaru

+1 to the request to being able to favorite individual items. I could really use this for my project since it's so big.

9. BigToe

BigToe

I just ran into this. You need to have at least one item added to the favorites so that you are able to open up the foldout and drag your folder into the favorites area. You can just add a simple search as a favorite, then you should be able to do it.

But better yet is to get FavoriteTab from Flipbookee. Its great.

viesc123 likes this.
  10. Most_Incredible

Most_Incredible

Thank You , it works in unity4.6.1

11. AlanGameDev

AlanGameDev

This bug still persists in 5.5 and 2017.1 versions. To reproduce delete all elements in the favorites and try to drag and drop stuff to it: If the object is at the root of the Assets folder, you get a 'forbidden' cursor, and if it's in a subfolder, you can drop stuff there but it doesn't get added to the favorites, it's just moved to the root folder. Besides that, there are many other bugs like for example when the favorites are collapsed whatever you drop there is also copied to the root instead of added to the favorites, and many glitches too like being able to drop stuff on top and bottom of the favorites label. The entire favorites system is almost unusable. If you made the mistake of deleting the default searches the only way to get it working again is saving another bogus search to the favorites (by using the "save search" star button), and then adding what you want to the favorites and removing the bogus search from the favorites. I never used the favorites because they're so buggy but decided to give it a try today assuming all those problems would be fixed after so many years, unfortunately they persist.

12. Pinkuboxu

Pinkuboxu

Just ran into this issue in 2017.3... and also lost an entire folder of work. I renamed some folders that had favorites. I dragged the folder up without any favorites since they don't refactor when you rename the favorite (like everything else in Unity generally does), it instead moved the whole folder to the Asset folder, then deleted everything in the folder. That's a lot of work I just lost...

13. Ievgen0101

Ievgen0101

Well, in 2019.1.6f1 you can drag folders to Favorites

Attached Files:

tetto_green likes this.
  14. RoyVanDeMortel

RoyVanDeMortel

Does anyone know where these search queries are saved to see if I can copy it to and from other users? Since we use a lot of them I'd like to share them with colleagues and other workstations.

15. Aithoneku

Aithoneku

I found it in "C:\Users\<user-name>\AppData\Roaming\Unity\Editor-5.x\Preferences\SearchFilters", but I didn't experiment with backuping and restoring. There is also "C:\Users\<user-name>\AppData\Roaming\Unity\Editor-5.x\Preferences\Layouts" directory with layouts and it seems that layout also store favourites - I don't know how exactly this works and because we switched to different engine (at least for next project), I don't have the space to find out more. (Please note that although the configuration is in "Editor-5.x" directory, it reflect changes from Unity 2019.2. I don't know why.)

16. BastienGenestal

BastienGenestal

Hey,

since this is the first result on my google search;
    I had the same problem but I figured this out.

The Favorites tab is meant to save search not files.

You need to search something like
    t:prefab myPrefabName
    and click the little star

Seguru, rogervargas96, Kekaku and 2 others like this.