Search Unity

How do we animate Visual Elements?

Discussion in 'UI Toolkit' started by Claytonious, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Claytonious

Claytonious

How do we animate visual elements? I've seen threads like this one which reference a ValueAnimation class. Is there any documentation about how to use this anywhere?

We're using the 0.0.4 preview of runtime and are focused only on runtime use cases.

Thanks for any info!

Last edited: Jun 10, 2020
  2. Claytonious

Claytonious

I've ended writing constructs like this:
    Code (CSharp):
    2. button.experimental.animation.Start(25f, 200f, 300, (b, val) =>
    3. {
    4.     b.style.height = val;
    5. }).Ease(Easing.OutBounce);
    Is that kind of imperative scripting from C# the current best way to accomplish animation of visual elements? Is anything similar possible from within the UXML itself at the moment and/or from the UI Builder? I'm wondering how to expose these things to artists.

Thanks!

NyraSaphira, JoshDW, bugbeeb and 2 others like this.
  3. sebastiend-unity

sebastiend-unity

Unity Technologies

Hi,

Thanks for your question. We do plan to have animation authoring tools as part of our future (UI Builder) roadmap. Currently however what you described is the best way to do UITK-based UI animation.

Sebastien

4. xpxilom

xpxilom

[QUOTE = "sebastiend-unity, publicación: 5964518, miembro: 980243"] Hola,

Gracias por tu pregunta Planeamos tener herramientas de creación de animaciones como parte de nuestra hoja de ruta futura (UI Builder). Actualmente, sin embargo, lo que describió es la mejor manera de hacer animaciones de IU basadas en UITK.

Sebastien [/ QUOTE]
    no ready yet?

5. JoshDW

JoshDW

Hello @sebastiend-unity , is there any update on this thread?

With UIToolkit now in the LTS release for 2021, I'm hopefully that there's a relatively easy way to animate my UI Builder elements. Particularly fade-ins/outs when the Scenes load.

6. Xan_9

Xan_9

7. RunninglVlan

RunninglVlan

I know about transitions, but is it currently possible to do following animations in UITK?
    upload_2022-9-23_23-3-4.gif

8. patrickjarnfelt

patrickjarnfelt

You can achieve shakes like this by adding and removing "left" "right" rotation classes to an element that has a transition property/duration set at correct intervals via code. That's how I am doing it.
    Unity is working on giving us timeline animation options in UI Toolkit. When it's ready is anyone's guess.

RunninglVlan likes this.