Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Resolved How do I use the progressive path tracer ?

Discussion in '2020.1 Beta' started by pixartist, Jun 12, 2020.

1. pixartist

pixartist

2. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

It's easy™
    load in the HDRP package, press ctrl+space to bring up quicksearch and type "wizard", click on wizard and in the wizard click on the button that says DXR then the button at the top of this section should be something like "fix all", keep pounding it hard until all the checkboxes are green.
    then in the volume, clik the + button, type "path" in the search and add all things pathtracer.
    Then hope that you have an RTX or a 1080 ti, if you don't, learn to brew coffee like a cowboy (CC recommended)

you'll get more information on pathtracing here: https://forum.unity.com/threads/unity-experimental-hdrp-dxr.656092/page-15

LeonhardP likes this.
  3. pixartist

pixartist

Ah that did the trick. Also had to disable temporal AA, it caused camera jitter. Well, I think this needs some denoising but it looks acceptable with about 50-100 samples.

4. pixartist

pixartist

Another question, how do I disable the default scene illumination ? I tried all scene background lighting and fog settings, nothing makes a difference

5. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

HDRsky and Visual Environment I think.

LeonhardP likes this.
  6. Cascho01

Cascho01

I tried pathtracer and got some nice results (Rendertime 12minutes on RTX2080super):

upload_2021-9-29_8-50-0.png

I have two questions:

1. Is it possible to read the percentage of the samples the pathtracer currently reached at runtime?
    (Should be easy since the Editor already has a progressbar.)
    2. Is it possible to let the pathtracer render to a higher resolution than the current window/camera renders?
    (Let´s say the gamewindow has 2K and I want to render to 4k.)

Last edited: Oct 4, 2021
  7. Cascho01

Cascho01

On Unity 2021.2.0f1 Pathtracer hangs after a second - anyone else?

EDIT: A TextmeshPro Object caused the Pathtracer to hang.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2021