Search Unity

Question how do I "use" free and other assets from the store?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by zoldos, Jul 31, 2021.

1. zoldos

zoldos

I got some free assets. But when I click on "Open in Unity", it opens Unity, but nothing happens. Is there some special way to "download" and use assets?? Thanks! :D

2. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

It's supposed to open the Asset Store window within Unity and point it at the asset you just purchased. But Unity's been changing things a lot lately; now I guess you can (and in some cases must?) download your assets via the Package Manager instead.

Anyway, using the Window menu, open up the Asset Store and/or Package Manager window, search for the stuff you bought, and you will find a "Download" button that becomes an "Install" button once it's downloaded. Install it into the project and you're good to go.

zoldos likes this.
  3. Mauri

Mauri

Just go straight to the Package Manager. While the Asset Store window still exists, it will just tell you that everything has been relocated into the Package Manager.

JoeStrout and zoldos like this.
  4. zoldos

zoldos

Thanks! Okay, it's doing something different now. I opened the "3D Explore" tutorial project and something about "Package Manager" popped up and now it's importing a whole bunch of stuff.

Okay, gotcha. I successfully opened the project and now I see all the options. Thank you!