Search Unity

Feedback How do I turn off Unity Services in a project that I am not a member of?

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by ROBYER1, Dec 3, 2020.

1. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

FilipePires98 likes this.
  2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

For security, you need to be a member of the organization that the project belongs to.

3. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

Thanks Jeff, this was off a public repo on Github where they accidentally left their services in, I will message the owner

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Are you able to generate a new projectID in the Services window settings?

5. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

I am, what I was able to do actually was make a new project ID then unlink the unity project from it, seems like an odd workaround as it leaves behind residual projects in my unity organisation dashboard

That did the trick though thank you! Would be handy to unlink a project from services without needing to do that I think!

6. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

The originator of the project should not have shared a services-enabled copy of their project, so your work around is the correct and expected workflow. However you shouldn't need to unlink from your new ProjectID as you describe, but just leave it at that point.

7. ROBYER1

ROBYER1

Thanks for clarifying, I only unlinked as I don't want to use services in the project. I just wanted to remove them completely. I blame the creator of the project in this scenario! Thanks again

8. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Got it! You can still have a ProjectID without using any services, but totally understood you don't need the ProjectID.