Search Unity

How do I test my Android build on my personal device before publishing?

Discussion in 'Android' started by intensejames, Feb 17, 2019.

1. intensejames

intensejames

I would like test my game on my personal Android device to make sure everything is fine before publishing onto the Google Play Store and Amazon APP Store.

Note that my game will be 0.99$ so do I gotta buy it to test it?

How would I do this since APK for publishing onto both stores and testing on my own.

Do I need more then one Android Developer Account? Is it all within the same account?

Is it all of the same APK File?

How do I save a APK File?

Also everything works perfectly on my Windows Build unsure if it will be the same for Android?

Last things I’m missing to know.

hopetolive likes this.
  2. ReidenBike

ReidenBike

This should walk you through most of the build process: https://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials...ilding-your-unity-game-android-device-testing . That way you can build directly to your android device to test it out (no need to purchase!). The Bundle Identifier (aka Package Name) is an important step, but it's kind of brushed over in this tutorial, so if you have any issues with that part or any other let me know!

There are also options from the Google Play Console side, including testing builds, but the quickest way to test and debug during the development process is to directly build to your device.

hopetolive and intensejames like this.
  3. breban1

breban1

Your questions are more Google/Amazon related than Unity but hopefully this info helps:

Do I need more then one Android Developer Account? Is it all within the same account?
    You will need a developer account for the Google Play Store and a developer account for the Amazon App Store.

Is it all of the same APK File?
    If you don't have IAP I'm not 100% sure if you will need a separate APK, but if you have in-app purchases you will need 2 different APK builds, one for each store. In Unity press Window->Unity IAP->Android then your target. (Unity IAP must be enabled)

Here is a link on migrating from Google Play to Amazon:
    https://developer.amazon.com/docs/app-submission/migrate-existing-app.html

To download from the Google play store without paying: Setting up Alpha/Beta tracks through your Google Play Developer account:
    https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/3131213?hl=en

To save the APK file, you must build it by switching platforms in Unity, filling in the Build Settings and pressing "Build". That will make the APK file.
    https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/BuildSettings.html

Also everything works perfectly on my Windows Build unsure if it will be the same for Android?
    You will want to test on as many devices as possible to make sure the game runs properly. You can use Android Studio to run emulators on different devices or even go as far as a cloud-based device farm (AWS for example) to test on multiple devices, or even locally.

To test on multiple local devices, I have us an FTP server app on each of my devices that I use for transferring my APKs.

elatar23 and intensejames like this.
  4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Attach your device via a USB cable, then Build and Run from Unity, and you're a tester!

John-G and intensejames like this.
  5. intensejames

intensejames

Thanks.

6. ed321ali123

ed321ali123

Do i need to have android sdk or ndk on my pc or mobile i guess because i saw a doc saying that you have to install android sdk on your android device and then connect to unity something like that blah blah blah .... please tell me what should i be doing because its my first game so i have to launch it on play store ... but i am not understanding that will my code work there...
    Okay here's the situation
    I had installed unity not from unity hub so i just messed up as i was not knowing that it will be a mess ... so without unity it didn't installed android development support for unity so i am not getting the option of build from android as there is no module installed .... now it is saying open the download page when i click there it says to download something called android development support for unity editor maybe.. it is of 240mbs but when i saw in unity hub the Android development option was 400mb maybe and there was a drop down menu when i clicked it had 2 options one i don't remember and second was android sdk ... if i had installed it from there then would i don't have to do something like connecting my device to pc and then installing the sdk blah blah that was written in unity docs ...

So...tell me what should i do now to install the sdk .... do i only need to install sdk for building for andriod.... because if i download a new version of unity then my project will not open in that because it will say that the project was not build in this version or something like that... so plz tell me because i have to upload on play store.

Thanks....

7. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D