Search Unity

Question How do I switch back from the new input system to the old one

Discussion in 'XR Interaction Toolkit and Input' started by wechat_os_Qy03tGq3Dfe86OdgxtBEGtSfw, Jan 17, 2022.

1. wechat_os_Qy03tGq3Dfe86OdgxtBEGtSfw

wechat_os_Qy03tGq3Dfe86OdgxtBEGtSfw

error: InvalidOperationException: You are trying to read Input using the UnityEngine.Input class, but you have switched active Input handling to Input System package in Player Settings.
    UnityEngine.Input.GetKeyDown (UnityEngine.KeyCode key) (at <ad4c7e0095e54b1a8f827ee4499b077a>:0)
    VRKeyboardManager.Update () (at Assets/IRONHEAD Games/Scripts/VRKeyboardManager.cs:102)

I want to change player —> Other Settings —> Active Input Handing ,but cannot be selected.

Attached Files:

2. chris-massie

chris-massie

Unity Technologies

Are you using Plastic SCM for version control? If so, my guess is that the ProjectSettings\ProjectSettings.asset file where that window writes to for editing may be locked for editing. There may be a button at the top or bottom of that window to check out the file to enable editing, or you may need to use the Plastic SCM or Plastic Gluon window to right-click that settings file and click Checkout to allow you to edit it.

If you are not using that version control, can you verify that you have the build support module installed for whichever platform tab you have selected in that Player settings window? You may need to install it using Unity Hub by using the Add Modules option for your install.