Search Unity

How do I start up PlayMaker after importing it?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by matias-e, Nov 25, 2014.

1. matias-e

matias-e

Hey! I bought PlayMaker from the asset store and I imported to a new Unity project, but I'm not sure how to get to work with it. There's no new tab for PlayMaker in the editor, although I'm not sure if there's supposed to be a new tab.

Here's a picture of my Unity editor if it's of any help: http://i.imgur.com/LZspPmc.png

2. LaneFox

LaneFox

On the file menu there, click PlayMaker, then PlayMaker Editor. This brings up the dockable Editor, just dock it somewhere you want it to be, usually near the bottom of the screen.

The official PlayMaker forums are here, btw:
    http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php

3. matias-e

matias-e

Thanks for the quick answer. However, I'm still a bit lost. Do you mean click on the PlayMaker.dll? I tried clicking on that and on the PlayMakerEditor.dll in the Editor file, but it brings up the following error:

Unable to open Assets/PlayMaker/PlayMaker.dll: Check external application preferences

4. LaneFox

LaneFox

Look up at the file menu. The dropdown menu called PlayMaker.

AbhishekRaj likes this.
  5. matias-e

matias-e

Oh, I somehow managed to totally miss that! Too tired, I guess. Thanks a lot!

BrandyStarbrite likes this.
  6. MelvinTan79

MelvinTan79

Hi guys, I tried to load PM on Unity 2017 and it doesn't seem to work. Need help

7. Dustin-Horne

Dustin-Horne

That's a pretty general statement... you really would be best to post in the playmaker support forums themselves or contact HuTong directly.

8. NonnyJonny

NonnyJonny

When I went to the Playmaker window, all it is are pre-update check and Install playmaker. Is there a way to make the editor show up?