Search Unity

Question How do I specify the priority when using multiple AnimationOutput on the same target?

Discussion in 'Timeline' started by Sangemdoko, Jul 6, 2022.

1. Sangemdoko

Sangemdoko

There is something called SourceOutputPort.
    I checked the Unity documentation but there really isn't much information about it.

Is that the value I should set for higher priority?

To give some context I have a character with an Animator that has a AnimatorController.
    And I have two playableGraphs which are PlayableDirectors with a Timeline each.

They all point to the same Animator in code. And I am setting weights of the AnimationOutput in code to transition between the animations.

I'm running in an issue where I cannot seem to blend my AnimationOuputs.
    I can see the wieght change in the console with a Debug.Log, but In the PlayableGraph Visualizer the weight doesn't change and I do not undersand why.

The only way I found to change the AnimationOutput weight is by chaning the blending directly inside the timeline animation clip... but I want to to have control of when the transition starts.

Am I going about this the wrong way? Should I instead have a single AnimationOutput which combines all playableGraphs into one?

Any help or insight on the subject would be greatly appriciated

2. akent99

akent99

The default as I understand it is you cannot blend between the animator controller clips and Timeline animation tracks. They don't mix. It has come up frequently in the forums and elsewhere.

Someone posted some code that may help in the last month or two to the forums, I have not tried it sorry and wish I kept a link. I think they wrote a custom mixer or similar to do the blending.