Search Unity

How do I setup multiple local Gamepads using the new Input System?

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Armetron, Jul 25, 2019.

1. Armetron

Armetron

Hello, I am working on making a couch beat em up game that up to 4 players can play locally. It has been a while since I've used Unity and I decided to use the new Input System package.

However I have no idea how to distinguish between multiple gamepads.
    Currently I have player1, player2, player3, player4 in the action maps with all of them containing the same actions.

However each action is fired no matter what gamepad I use and every gamepad is able to fire every action map.

Unfortunately there aren't many tutorials on making local multiplayer with the new input system. The closest I got was an old video by unity where they use the old input system and they assign the buttons to joystick 1 and joystick 2.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated

2. DonLoquacious

DonLoquacious

The new input system is still in preview, and as a rule all questions involving preview assets should be asked in the "Beta and Experimental Features" forum, because chances are the only people who can answer your question here are staff working on those systems, or people going out of their way to test them before release. It happens there's a sub-forum specifically for the new input system here, so you'd be better off asking your questions there instead.

Hope you get it figured out- cheers!

unityunity