Search Unity

How do I set the world's size?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by SomeJDude, Mar 11, 2015.

1. SomeJDude

SomeJDude

I started a new 2D project and added a single sprite. I would like the world's position values to correspond to pixel size. Meaning, if I have a 25x25 pixel sprite, and tell it to move to
    Code (CSharp):
    1. new Vector(transform.position.x, transform.position.y + 25, 0)
    then the sprite will move down the distance of its own height. Currently, the sprite instead moves way past the camera.

What can I do to set things up this way?

2. Effervescent

Effervescent

I think it's because when you add 25 to the y position you're actually adding 25 unity units, which is much greater than 25 pixels.

One solution I can think of is go to bring up the Inspector window for your sprite and change "Pixle to Unit" to 1 (I think it's 100 by default). By the same token, I suppose moving your character by 0.25 also works!

This is probably not the best solution and I'm not sure how camera mode and/or distance affect this, I hope someone more experienced will comment on it!

3. SomeJDude

SomeJDude

"Pixle to Unit"? I don't see anything like that in the Inspector.

4. Effervescent

Effervescent

You have to have the sprite selected:

Like I said before, though, this is probably not the best solution and hopefully someone would comment on the pros and cons of doing this! o:

5. SomeJDude

SomeJDude

Oh, so when you said sprite, you mean the actual image. I was looking at the GameObject.