Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

How do I set sorting order for individual tiles?

Discussion in '2D Experimental Preview' started by robocup30, Sep 1, 2017.

1. robocup30

robocup30

Hi,

Is there any way to set the sort order for individual tiles in the tilemap? More specifically, I'm looking for a way to set the sort order by getting the Y axis location of the tile so when an object is standing in front of wall tile (lower Y pos), it renders above the tile and when standing behind the wall (higher Y pos), object gets rendered behind the wall tile. It seems that Order in Layer variable is located on Tilemap Renderer but that affects every single tile in that tilemap equally which means all my wall tiles are going to have same layer ordering no matter where they are placed.

Thank you!

2. Roy1337

Roy1337

Hello,
    Were you able to find a solution to this? Or maybe something has been implemented into the Tilemap since then that allows this?

3. furroy

furroy

no means of per-tile sorting order that i'm aware of. in my project i made 5-6 tilemaps all in the same location and i stick the tile into whichever tilemap has the sorting order & collision elements required