Search Unity

1. Get all the Unite Berlin 2018 news on the blog.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2018.2 has arrived! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We're looking for your feedback on the platforms you use and how you use them. Let us know!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ARCore is out of developer preview! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Magic Leap’s Lumin SDK Technical Preview for Unity lets you get started creating content for Magic Leap One™. Find more information on our blog!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

How do I scale UI for different resolutions but keep elements same size?

Discussion in 'Unity UI & TextMesh Pro' started by PlutoniumFrog, May 16, 2018.

1. PlutoniumFrog

PlutoniumFrog

Hello!

I am currently working on an inventory system that needs to be pixel perfect in regards to how elements line up on the screen. I found that when I wrote a script attached to the canvas that changes the reference resolution of the canvas at runtime to the actual resolution, that everything is pixel perfect. The only issue now is that I don't know how to keep all elements on the screen at their respective constant sizes.

I've tried an aspect ratio fitter and this seems to get the job done, but it only works well when I don't have the reference resolution script running on the canvas. If it is running, then things become very large on "small" resolutions.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks!