Search Unity

How do I revert Unity Pro Educational to Free?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by LordJulian, Feb 12, 2012.

1. LordJulian

LordJulian

I have a Unity Pro educational license installed in my computer which was given to me to work on school projects. Currently I'm done with my projects, and would like to revert the license back to the free version(assuming to believe that you cannot publish games independantly or commerically with an educational license). I tried to uninstall the unity program itself and reinstalling the Unity program, however the pro educational license is still there. Is there a way for me to deactivate it? Any help with this would be appreciated.

2. UnLogick

UnLogick

3. LordJulian

LordJulian

Well, I did try that solution, deleting the license files. However, I was barred from using Unity since it tells me that I have to register in order to use it. I believe that this solution only removes the licensing code for the program, but still retains the pro version of the Unity program itself. I tried reinstalling Unity again, and it still gives the same answer.

Which are the files that I have to delete to completely remove unity? I've tried to delete every folder associated with Unity and reinstalled twice, but it still does not work.

4. CoatlGames

CoatlGames

even free needs to be registered, removing the files will only disable the previous activation, to start using free register it ain but now as free

5. LordJulian

LordJulian

@CoatlGames
    Ah, I should have just registered in the internet activation as free.....

Thanks for the info, Unity works as a free version now.