Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

How do I report this bug?

Discussion in '2021.2 Beta' started by DoctorShinobi, Jun 20, 2021.

1. DoctorShinobi

DoctorShinobi

Hey.
    I have an editor bug where sometimes the editor is stuck in an infinite loop after attempting to close it. It shows this message:
    upload_2021-6-20_13-9-5.png
    Yesterday it was stuck on it for almost 3 hours, so it's almost certainly an infinite loop.

The problem is I'm not sure how to replicate it, nor does the editor log seem to contain relevant info about its current state(It simply prints "Cleanup mono".

I have quite a big project that I can't upload using the bug reporter. How else can I salvage some useful information and report this? (important note - It's Unity 2021.1f12, not 2021.2)

Last edited: Jun 20, 2021
    ImpossibleRobert likes this.
  2. Check the last 3-4 pages of this thread. You can find tools to find out what is the problem so you can submit bug report if it's not something you or some 3rd-party asset is doing.
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/lots-of-busy-hold-on-etc.833644/page-6

DoctorShinobi likes this.
  3. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

If you use Visual Studio:
    1. Click
      Debug > Attach to Process...
      and select
      Unity.exe
    2. Click
      Debug > Break All
    3. Click
      Debug > Save Dump as
    This will produce a
    .dmp
    file that should contain useful information for Unity Technologies to look at.

4. ImpossibleRobert

ImpossibleRobert

I get the same bug from time to time but it is so seldom that I for now always simply delete the Unity process and hope it will fix itself somehow in a next version.

5. hunterofakara

hunterofakara

I've had this last few versions on and off - for me it's something related to the scripting editor hooking as Unity will only get past this specific stage when I close Visual Studio Code (and does so instantly, as if it was waiting for some feedback from VS code that never arrives until it gets closed).
    Quite annoying as I often want to quickly restart just Unity to clear all the unreferenced behaviour warnings that build up during playmode recompiles (UI builder adds at least one each time).

DoctorShinobi likes this.
  6. Whatever560

Whatever560

Interesting, I'll try this to see if it fixes our batchmode hanging on this

7. Whatever560

Whatever560

So, by closing everything it seems to have passed, reopened HUB only and it passed.
    Not sure what is source of the hanging but that a real pain :/