Search Unity

how do i put a animation clip into an animation game object?

Discussion in 'Animation' started by enzoravo, Oct 15, 2013.

1. enzoravo

enzoravo

hi i want to put an animation clip from a model that i have imported, that is rigged with animations, into a an animation game objet to use it with the new Animator mecanim, but don't know how to put a legacy animation clip into an animation game object to use it into the animator editor.

thank you in advance for any help or advice on this.

2. kanga

kanga

Import the animation and initialize it. You can preview your imported animation and even drag the character you are going to use into the preview window and the avatar will show you what the animation will look like on your character. In this last version of mecanim loads of stuff has been fixed so there is a good chance you will be able to use the animation without tweakage. My characters have the same amount of primary bones as the mecanim demo chars and even extra face, tail, hand bones and the mecanim animations play seamlessly. You may want to check out the mecanim tutorial projects and hunt down the vids to see how to initialize and implement the animations. I don't have the links lying around atm.

I assume you are talking about characters but if not just export your animated model as an FBX and include animations and import (not sure if the drag drop is still buggy) into your scene, presto.

Hope this helps.
    Cheerio

Last edited: Oct 19, 2013