Search Unity

How do I prepare for the User Programmer Certification Exam for free?

Discussion in 'Unity Certification' started by ChronoSynth, Dec 11, 2020.

1. ChronoSynth

ChronoSynth

Hi there,

My family wants me to get the User Programmer Certification for Unity. I want to do the courseware to help me prepare for the exam, but they aren't willing to pay extra money besides the cost of the exam itself. Is there any method as good as the courseware to help me prepare for free?

2. davejrodriguez

davejrodriguez

As someone who has just completed this very courseware...you're not missing out. You'd be much better prepared by going through Unity Learn (free) and reviewing the Unity API documentation (free) for topics with which you are not familiar.

If there is a certification prep worth paying for, it's probably the practice exam. I have heard that the questions on the actual exam go more in-depth, but it would at least get you more comfortable with the exam structure and highlight some areas that you need to read up on. For me, that was animator, navmeshagent, and services APIs. For you, it may be something different.

chris15smile likes this.
  3. Yeoman742

Yeoman742

If you haven't gone out and purchased the courseware for the User Programmer Cert, I would suggest you go though the leaning Pathway on here, I found this more useful that the offered courseware and gives more hands on with full explanations on why. I also found that it helps remembering when you are repeating the same stuff over and over, but yet building on what you have already learned. The courseware doesn't do that for you.